Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Boracay Lovin'

My boredom got over me.. and prompted me to pull a chair to where I am sitting now. Right in front of my 4 year old HP laptop with blogger browser. (/edited: taking a second day to pen down my thoughts)

Let's get started on the topic of TRAVEL. As I grew up, I learnt how beautiful and vast the world is. Love every corner of the Earth that I have been to and putting myself in their shoes made me think how lucky I am.

-------------------------

Boracay, Phillipines.
2 - 7 Mar 2014 (6D5N)
Part 1.1


It was a long journey, not like the flight was unpleasant or there was too much waiting time in between but because we had to travel for almost 6 hours.
p.s: Tigerair flies directly to Kalibo, instead of having to make transfer from Manila years ago. 

(1) 3.5 hrs flight to Kalibo
Every flight fills me in awe - Nature is such an amazing creation, the fluffy white clouds and bright blue sky have some kind of magic that makes me happy and peaceful :)

 
After clicking away on my camera, I took a nap and curled up in my seat so I can be more refreshed when I land.

The Kalibo airport is simple with most basic necessities available, except that food is limited.
Right outside the airport (probably on your left), there'll be a booth selling SIM CARD (with data)!
Did I hear someone scream life saver?

 
Upon stepping out of the airport, the locals will approach you to sell you tickets for your remaining journey because you cannot get it anywhere else.
 
Do note that the price is somewhat fixed among all of the vendor. We realized that they actually charged more when you reach compared to when you leave.

(2) take a 2hr bus/van ride to Caticlan*

The vendor will arrange your transport to Caticlan ferry terminal, which is a 2 hour ride there.

To and fro the journey, you'll see run down homes to well built and decorated properties. These standalone house seemed so vulnerable to the weather. Then I wondered how could people allow their fellow mankind to live in such conditions?

There was alot of vegetation/plantation as well.. with black cows roaming around. Travelling around gives you a different form of experience that you can never get in the city life.



 
 
*At Caticlan, you'd need to purchase some tickets before taking the ferry.
(i) Environmental fee (ii) Terminal fee (iii) Boat/Ferry Tickets




 

 
 
From here, you'd need to (3) take a 15 mins ferry ride to Boracay. Heard that the ferry leaves every 5 mins so don't fret about missing one! 

 
Super hyped to see The White Beach!! Although the sun was setting we were pretty excited for the start of our trip on the island!


If you think we've reached, you're almost there. You'd need to (4) take a 5 - 15 mins motorised tricyle ride (depends on where you stay - Staion 1 to 3, if the driver can find his way and if there's jam along the way) YES JAM because of roadworks + there's only one lane for each direction.


By the time we reached our hotel, JayJays Club, it was almost 8pm (the driver got lost because our accommodation is not visible from main road. Only accessible by a long flight of dark staircase)

Apart from the insects and pool, the room was a comfortable hut. Feels more like a shared bungalow then a hotel.
Food has to be ordered at least one day in advance for them to prepare.. so we racky around the vicinity for food, convenience store, beach etc.

From the main road we couldn't find the beach so we settled for a quick diner - Andok's Chicken! It was cheap but not filling if you order one portion.


No comments: