Thursday, August 9, 2012

HAPPY 47TH BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!! 

A couple of weeks back I went for the NDP 2012 preview. 
I was seated in the yellow area.
Was able to attend this year's celebration because B, will be involved and got tickets! 


This year's theme: Loving Singapore, Our Home.

After much walking, from collection the fun pack to climbing staircase to the seating arena! 





The view from my seat! Great scenery of the whole floating platform!
MBS in front, Singapore Flyer behind and Gardens by the Bay at the side!  


This year the organizer also specially made the screen in the shape of Singapore map!!


The host for the show: Sharon Aw, Gurmit Singh, Jean Danker, Joakim Gomez & Suhaimi Yusof






Tons of pictures of these boys in grey because boyfie is among the contingent!!
Whee ~ it's their new uniform btw!






And lots of fun 'firing' by the SCDF I think!




And definitely the celebration also featured the Red Lions!!
It's so amazing and fun that they look so micro from above and then descend with audience applauding! 



Featuring the Navy Maritime thing I think.
Somehow forgot about the parade, but anyway watch it tomorrow evening! 


There, boyfie's contingent marching out. 
I pity those contingent bracing all kind of crap weather during the rehearsals, for hours.
LIKE WTH.
Boyfie was super tanned after all rehearsals. 


The night view 


This year's theme song, Love At First Light, sung by Olivia Ong and Natanya Tan


I heard that there is 4 designs of fun pack.
I received the 'HOME'. 


I love Singapore despite the lack of entertainment/nightlife, the stereotypes, the lack of support for young talented people (art, music, design, anything), the high cost of living.
And I'm thankful for it being safe, clean, convenient & being stable.
Born a Singaporean, always one (:

p.s: I'll upload the videos as soon as I can!

No comments: